Friday, November 5, 2010

My Lai - 03.16.68 7"

1. 03.16.68
2. Ruthless
3. 15 Minutes
4. Short Horn Champion
10 minutes, 18.45MB
Divot Records, 1998


My Lai was a Chicago outfit that kicked around for a few years in the late '90s. They were always fun live, and here's a 7" that I finally got sick of looking for an encoded version of online, so I just did it up myself.

As my mentioned in my previous post, the 90's were totally different than today. Underground "heavy" music hadn't blown up, so part of me wants to think that peoples' motives to create this sort of thing were a bit more pure than you'd find with a lot of the haircut bands that more or less took this sort of style and ran with it. My Lai certainly wasn't trendy; listening to them now they have something of a Enewetak or Unruh feel to them. They also happened to feature Brian Peterson on bass who booked many a show at the Fireside. In addition to this record, they also released an LP (Learn. Forget. Re-Learn) a different 7" (Pony Soldier) and appeared on a couple of comps who's names escape me at the moment.

Anyhow, this is more or less a test run. I gave the MP3s a quick listen and they seem to hold up. If anyone notices anything amiss on a technical level (ID tags, encoding, volume levels, etc.) amiss, please let me know.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment