Tuesday, November 9, 2010

v/a - Happiness is Dry Pants 7"

v/a Happiness is Dry Pants 7"
01. Yo La Tengo - Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)
02. Big Black - Burning Indian Wife
03. Kilslug - Warlocks, Witches & Demons
04. Moving Targets - Squares & Circles
Chemical Imbalance, 1987
14 minutes, 26MB

This comp from 1987 came with issue #2 of Chemical Imbalance zine (which I sadly do not have). Besides having Kilslug, Moving Targets and Yo La Tengo doing a Fleetwood Mac cover, the highlight is the Big Black track which was recorded at the same time as the "Happy Otter" side of their Songs About Fucking LP. I ate up everything that that band did (my fanboydom including a snarky Steve Albini quote in my senior high picture page. Yeah, I fancied myself an antagonistic little fellow. Sad thing was that I even managed to misquote him.) Anyhow, the track ended up not being included on Songs About Fucking, but it's definitely worth a listen.

My version doesn't have a cover, but through the magic of Google I was able to find one (along with more details about this release) here

No comments:

Post a Comment