Friday, November 5, 2010

Up and running

I set this thing up years ago and look to finally be getting around to doing something worthwhile(?) with it.

Anyhow, a bit of backstory: I've been playing and listening to music for the better part of 2 decades and have amassed a fairly sizeable collection of music at this point. Sizeable to the point where I have too many LPs and 7"s lying around, some of which are tricky if not impossible to find anymore. I'll probably start getting rid of some of them at some point, but in the meantime I'm looking to digitize them before I get rid of the vinyl itself. The bulk of it is from the 90's and comes from the harsher end of things; think hardcore before it polarized into "___"-core or youth crew throwback and (scr)emo before such a term conjured up images of myspace.

Some of it aged well. Some of it (fuck... a lot of it) didn't. Some people might be interested in some of this stuff for historical purposes, some might find it good for a laugh, some might have wondered what was going on in heavier, non-metal music at that time.

As someone who played music and put out records: I'm trying to put up stuff that's for the most part unavailable. If you're a copyright holder or an artist that doesn't want your stuff here, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment