Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rocket From the Crypt / Bloodthirsty Butchers - split 2x7"

Rocket From the Crypt
1. Cut It Loose
2. Living & Dying
3. Pressure's On
Bloodthirsty Butchers
1. Water
2. Alligator
3. Raven
Pusmort, 1994
18 Minutes, 32.8MB 256k MP3

Here's a record I lucked into years ago and haven't seen since. I can't even find them on eBay or Popsike to at least get an idea of its worth; not that I'd ever sell it. This is a gatefold, 2x7" split EP (each band gets a 7") between our heroes, RFTC and Japan's Bloodthirsty Butchers. I have no idea how many exist, but seeing as it's on Pushead's label, and how he didn't really think it was ever necessary to ever press any more than say... 300 of any given record, I'm sure there aren't many of these floating around. Am I gloating? Just a bit. I think I paid $13 for this many moons ago.

Of the 3 RFTC tracks, Pressure's On made another appearance on All Systems Go! Vol. 1. The other 2 songs are typically fun RFTC fare, well-done and all, but they definitely cherry-picked the best track for All Systems Go!

Truth be told, I never listened to the Bloodthirsty Butchers side that much. They play up tempo rock that compliments RFTC. Supposedly they're also still around. Japanese bands are nothing if not disciplined.

Seeing as it's years after the fact, I can safely come clean and say that I ripped off the image of the owl (granted, I altered it considerably) on the inside of this gatefold 7" for a design on one of my old band's shirts. We sold upwards of a dozen of them and I never paid Pushead a dime. I REGRET NOTHING.


No comments:

Post a Comment